Thursday, April 18, 2013

I miss Oregon

Well it snowed. I wasn't that surprised that it snowed because the weather is rather unpredictable here, but I was surprised at the quantity of snow we got.


Then on Monday this is what I woke up to:
That ruler is measuring 9 inches in the morning. They measured it later that afternoon and they were up to 11 inches. Tuesday the weather wasn't horrible, so we were able to clean up all the snow on the sawmill area and start processing things again, then Wednesday came and it was like a flash blizzard! Okay maybe the people around here wouldn't call it such, but to me it was a blizzard. There was a ton of snow dumped on us, at least another 7-8 inches and lots of wind! We didn't work much yesterday because it was pretty impossible to keep the snow off everything. When we went upstairs and looked out the windows the visibility was terrible! I could only see maybe 15 feet in front of me, which makes me grateful that I don't ever have to drive to work. Today the sun is out again, but I can't help but feel like shoveling is pointless when the weather is teasing us like this. It stops snowing just long enough to clear everything off and then the next day pours it back down.. Sigh...
Meanwhile in Oregon:
I want to see beautiful colors... Everything is so brown or way too bright white. I think my cornea's are burning up because of the sun reflecting off the sun- everything looks green and dark when I come inside.. I also got a sunburn on Tuesday!
But I shouldn't complain about the brown, I'm starting to see the beauty in it as well. Any color is better than the snow.

P.S. I miss getting letters! If you feel like it would be weird to write to me, then stop feeling like that! I want to here about all your lives and see more fun pictures! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth completely I promise! Rhen misses you all too, so don't forget about him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment